It's that time of year!
Dear Cornellians: Looking to meet and develop great friendships with other alumni? Want to enhance your leadership skills? Interested in build some great technical skills for your career? Apply for a position on Cornell NorCal's Board of Directors!
Beginning May 29th, our nominations committee will be reviewing applications for open seats on our board. The following eleven positions are available:
- Secretary: Documents the official actions of Cornell NorCal. The Secretary designs the record keeping structure and keeps the official records of the club and arranges board meetings.
- General Counsel: Provides legal advice to the club.
- Director, Technology: Responsible for the strategic development of the technology used to support Cornell Norcal’s mission. The Director manages maintenance, periodic updates and improvements to existing technologies including the Cornellnorcal.com website. The director is responsible for working with other board members to ensure Cornell NorCal’s technology tools support the overall strategies of the organization as it pertains to membership development, event processing and data exchange with Cornell University.
- Director, Marketing and Membership: Responsible for the promotion of club membership and the development of strategies designed to grow overall membership base. The Director works cross-functionally with other board members to integrate membership development strategies into club activities and communications.
- Director, Events (Six positions open): Plan and host events for alumni. Work with volunteer leaders as needed to assist with them in running events. Desired Skills: Passion for socializing, organization and concepting a variety of events that reach the breadth represented by the Cornell alumni community. Detail orientation and follow-through skills.
- Director, Social Media: Responsible for contributing to Cornell NorCal’s overall marketing strategy by selecting and managing Cornell NorCal’s key social media platforms, strategies, tactics and messages. The Social Media Community Manager candidate is responsible for actively engaging customers and influencers within the social media channel.
The Cornell NorCal Board consists of eighteen vibrant volunteers who work together as a team. We meet monthly and each spend varying amounts of time fulfilling our respective roles. Volunteering for the board is a wonderful way to make some lasting friendships and accomplish great work together. Board terms run from July 1, 2015 through June 30th, 2016.
- If you are interested in submitting an application for any of the above roles, you must be a current, Regular paid member of Cornell NorCal to apply for a board seat. Become a member here.
- This year we are partnering with Cornell University in using their new software tool, CUVolunteer. You may nominate someone or yourself by clicking on the link for each of the positions directly, or by visiting the CUVolunteer site.
We have a hard deadline to receive applications: May 29th at midnight. Afterwe receive your application, a member of our board will contact you. The final slate of directors will be selected by a nominating committee on June 12th, 2015, and subsequently voted into office by our existing membership base.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Victor Tancredi-Ballugera '95
President, Cornell NorCal