Come help Habitat for Humanity prepare playhouses for assembly with fellow Cornellians and provide a child a playful retreat to call their own while supporting affordable housing in the Bay Area.
Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley’s Playhouse Program began in 2009. It's a fun and meaningful way to volunteer and work side-by-side in teams to construct and paint children's playhouses that are donated to local Habitat families, veteran and active duty military personnel families, and other local nonprofits serving children in need.
During a typical Prep day groups will have the opportunity to cut out playhouse pieces from raw plywood, base paint pieces of the playhouse, and machine windows and doors.
No experience is necessary! Our playhouse staff love teaching and are thrilled for volunteers of all skill levels to join us. Whether you are new to a workshop, an experienced carpenter, or somewhere in between, sign up to volunteer to learn new skills, have fun, and support affordable housing!
- Please come at least 10 minutes early so that the group can begin on time. All volunteers will sign waivers on-site.
- For safety reasons, all volunteers must be at least 16 years old. Volunteers under the age of 18 must bring a signed minor waiver form with them to the site. Minor waiver forms are available here.
- Wear work clothes you don't mind getting paint or dirt on and sturdy, closed-toe shoes (required!!).
- Tools and safety equipment are provided.
- Feel free to bring your own water bottle. The workshop has a water dispenser and disposable cups available on site, as well as a real bathroom with flushable toilet, sink, soap and towels.
- RSVP required to aid in the planning of this event. Space is limited and our volunteering events are popular and sell-out early.
Habitat for Humanity Workshop
513 Valley Way, Milpitas, CA 95035
Ample free parking in the parking lot.
Please contact Jennie Huo, '07 and Peter Wang, '02 with questions.